cookie consent

Monday 29 February 2016

You Spin Me Right Round Baby, Right Round.

On Sunday, I taught myself a new skill!

I bought a drop spindle second hand, about 5 years ago, with the intention to try a little hand spinning. I love the look of hand spun yarn, but I'm not such a fan of the price tag.

Well, the spindle sat around in my craft drawer, waiting for me to get around to it. I needed roving  (unspun) wool, which was easy to order, but i just never did.

I was walking through Canterbury on Saturday, and popped into CandH fabrics, for a little look...... I was just looking, honest!   I saw the roving in the needle felting section, and couldn't help myself. I just had to.

I coudnt wait then to give it a go.

It was a little  (ok, ok, a lot) uneven and slubby to start with. I got the hang of it after a while though, and by the time the evening came around, I had gotten quite a bit better at it.


I produced 2 balls of single twist, and my next task was to ply it. Tristan was unwell today and off school, so I took the downtime while he was napping to do that. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. 





I'm making myself a hat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment